06-Mar-2012 | At the National Tourism Awards in Cairns last Friday night, March 2, Tasmanian operators claimed an outstanding 5 awards and Tourism Tasmania Chairman, Grant Hunt, was named the National Winner for Outstanding Contribution of an Individual to Australian Tourism.The Tasmanian award winners were:
- New Tourism Development: Museum of Old and New Art (MONA)
- Best Luxury Accommodation: Saffire Freycinet
- Best Deluxe Accommodation: The Old Woolstore (second year in a row)
- Adventure Tourism: Maria Island Walk (second time in three years)
- Best Tourism Marketing : Pure Tasmania - showcasing Strahan Village, West Coast Wilderness Railway, Gordon River Cruises, Freycinet Lodge, Cradle Mountain Chateau, and Henry Jones Art Hotel.
Business Events Tasmania CEO, Stuart Nettlefold, says “These awards highlight the quality of the Tasmanian experience; and that Tasmania is a perfect destination for the corporate and incentive market. We congratulate our members on their awards and invite professional conference organisers to discover the benefits of hosting business events here.”
Business Events Tasmania has released a new corporate and incentive brochure that showcases just how well Tasmania can deliver to this high yield market. Looking for prestigious venues and bespoke ‘one of a kind’ experiences – we can help you! The new brochure was well received at AIME for the quality of its production, the information, suggested itineries and the creative ideas for offsite events. Business Events Tasmania invites you to order a copy here.